TONS OF WASTED FISHING NETS
EVERY YEAR, AROUND 640,000 TONS OF FISHING GEAR, NETS & ROPES IS LOST IN OUR SEAS & OCEANS
TONS OF TEXTILE WASTE
IN 2010, THE US AND EU PRODUCED NEARLY 15 M TONS OF TEXTILE WASTE CONTAINING APPROXIMATELY 1M TONS OF NYLON 6 WASTE
Source: PCI Fibres Red Book published May 2012
TURNING WASTE INTO GARMENTS –
A CONTINUOUS LOOP WITH ECONYL®
ZLC, together with Aquafil – the company producing the ECONYL® yarn – turns plastic waste into something you would love to wear. It can be a nylon based jewelry, like the parachute cord or our swimwear collection shorts and briefs, which are entirely made from ECONYL® – nylon fiber 100% regenerated from scrap material from industrial processes and discarded materials such as fishnets, carpets and textiles. We decided to incorporate eco-friendly fabrics and responsible textile manufacturing processes to garments for both sport and leisure.
THE FIRST COMPANY IN DENMARK,
PROUDLY USING THE ECONYL® YARN
WHAT DO WE DO?
- We collaborate exclusively with companies which business practice is in accordance with environmental responsibility and sustainability.
- We turn plastic wastes into decorative and clothing, you would love to wear with ECONYL® Regeneration Process. Because it will make you shine and beautiful.
- We use a fabric made with the ECONYL® yarn coming from regenerate wastes in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, cut down energy consumption and diminish the accumulation of non-degradable trashes.
- We prove through our business practice, that it is possible to indulge in high-quality stuff while keeping your conscience cleaned.
- We acknowledge that in the big picture it is very little we contribute. That’s why we constantly are looking for new ideas and focus on new areas which should be improved.
FOR EVERY TON OF FISH NET RECOVERED AND REGENERATED,
WE WILL PRODUCE ENOUGH YARN FOR MORE THAN
Assumption: Each ZLC Swimwear brief (only fabric) has the weight of ca. 80g – medium size.
And contains 78% contains ECONYL® fiber, which gives 62,4 g in total.
THROUGH SPECIAL PROJECT, THE RAW MATERIAL, FOR EXAMPLE, FISHING NETS IS EITHER RECOVERED OR COLLECTED FROM COUNTRIES LIKE:
PAKISTAN, USA, NORWAY, TURKEY, EGYPT, GREECE, CANADA & THAILAND